The Resource Zora Neale Hurston, edited and with an introduction by Harold Bloom
- Zora Neale Hurston, edited and with an introduction by Harold Bloom
- Statement of responsibility
- edited and with an introduction by Harold Bloom
- Includes index
- Bibliography note
- Bibliography: p. 181-182
- Preface to Mules and men / Franz Boas -- A study in race relations : a meeting with Zora Neale Hurston / Nick Aaron Ford -- One of the new realists / Benjamin Brawley -- A perfect book of entertainment in herself / Langston Hughes -- Ships at a distance : the meaning of Their eyes were watching God / Robert Bone -- A personality sketch / Fannie Hurst -- The spirituality of Jonah's gourd vine / Larry Neal -- Their eyes were watching God / Roger Rosenblatt -- The outsider / Addison Gayle, Jr. -- Zora Neale Hurston's America / Theresa R. Love -- A cautionary tale and a partisan view / Alice Walker -- Crayon enlargements of life ; That which the soul lives by / Robert E. Hemenway -- Janie's burden / Sherley Anne Williams
- On refusing to be humbled by second place in a contest you did not design ; Looking for Zora / Alice Walker -- A woman half in shadow / Mary Helen Washington -- The beginnings of self-realization / Michael G. Cooke -- Moses, man of the mountain : a study of power / Blyden Jackson -- Metaphor, metonymy, and voice in Their eyes were watching God / Barbara Johnson
- Control code
- 25 cm
- viii, 192 p.
- 85030960 //r953
ContextContext of Zora Neale Hurston, edited and with an introduction by Harold Bloom
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Grand Rapids Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.