Zora Neale Hurston : critical perspectives past and present, edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and K.A. AppiahThe Resource Zora Neale Hurston : critical perspectives past and present, edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and K.A. Appiah
- Zora Neale Hurston : critical perspectives past and present, edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and K.A. Appiah
- Title remainder
- critical perspectives past and present
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and K.A. Appiah
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 313-319) and index
- Jonah's gourd vine (1934) / Martha Gruening; Estelle Felton; Andrew Burris; Margaret Wallace -- Mules and men (1935) / Henry Lee Moon; Lewis Gannett; H. I. Brock -- There eyes were watching God (1937) / Richard Wright; Alain Locke; Lucille Tompkins; Sterling Brown; Sheila Hibben; Otis Ferguson -- Tell my horse (1938) / Elmer Davis -- Moses, man of the mountain (1939) / Louis Untermeyer; Percy Hutchinson -- Dust tracks on the road (1942) / Phil Strong; Beatrice Sherman -- Seraph on the Suwanee (1948) / Frank G. Slaughter; Worth Tuttle Hedden
- "The drum with the man skin": Jonah's gourd vine / Eric J. Sundquist -- The emergent voice: the word within its texts / Karla Holloway -- Zora Neale Hurston: changing her own words / Cheryl A. Wall -- "I love the way Janie Crawford left her husbands": emergent female hero / Mary Helen Washington -- Wandering: Hurston's search for self and method / Susan Willis -- Thresholds of difference: structures of address in Zora Neale Hurston / Barbara Johnson -- Breaking out of the conventions of dialect / Gayl Jones -- Their eyes were watching God: Hurston and the speakerly text / Henry Louis Gates, Jr. -- Language, speech, and difference in Their eyes were watching God / Cynthia Bond -- Listening and living: Reading and experience in Their eyes were watching God / Maria Tai Wolff -- Lines of descent; Dissenting lines / Deborah E. McDowell Autoethnography: the an-archic style of Dust tracks on a road / Francoise Lionnet-McCumber -- Seraph on the Suwanee / Lillie Howard -- Workings of the spirit: conjure and the space of Black women's creativity / Houston A. Baker, Jr
- Control code
- 24 cm
- xv, 330 p.
ContextContext of Zora Neale Hurston : critical perspectives past and present, edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and K.A. Appiah
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Grand Rapids Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.